22 March 2007

If it aint broke, fix it until it is...


So I've been spending the last week or so splitting my time between working to top up the petrol fund, and working on the bike to get all the niggles sorted out. Despite the fact that I didn't have much of a clue about working on the bike; a bit of common sense, a downloaded workshop manual (in Spanish mind you) and a large lump hammer saw me through.

Had a bit of occasional help from a fellow that knew his way around an engine though, so that helped head off any major dramas. Nothing like pulling apart the front suspension, and having the probably very vital parts spring out of the fork and roll under a car. Cue lots of swearing and grovelling under said vehicle.

All in all though, it went pretty well. No bits left over when I stuck it all back together either, which is always a good sign I reckon.

I managed to stick together a quick website for www.arseaboutface.com With any luck it'll help persuade people that visit to donate, and that I'm not faking it all. I also took the plunge and made a little introductory video. Not very good in front of a camera, but I decided as it was for charity I would make the effort, even if I did feel a total gooseberry.

Check it out at www.arseaboutface.com (click on the cinema ticket) I put it up on YouTube as I figured there were a hell of a lot of people using that site, and if even only a couple of them watched it and decided it donate, it'd be a good thing.

So spread the word oh yea faithful few readers!

Updates from the road will be coming soon, once I'm back on the road (or non-road as the case may be) of course.

2 comments:

  1. Well done that Man! Brilliant little website; you are clever but then I'm biased! Keep up the good work. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:34 pm

    Hahahah, you're a mentalist, matey... good and proper :)

    Nice site - I couldn't get the video up though - I'll try again on return from Wales (not quite as cool as Australia on a bike!)

    Right ho, I'll email you soon!

    ReplyDelete