02 September 2007

Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness...

A projected timescale of five to six hours, eventually became a grand total of almost three weeks, but I have finally been reunited with Gosling One. She's looking rather dashing, even if I do say so myself. I even found a spot on the front wheel that was actually reflecting light, imagine that, a shiny bit on my motorcycle! Shiny!


All back in one piece. Now 90% new parts!

My wallet however now resembles the head of the latest celebrity heiress, i.e only there for show, and filled with nothing of value. The parts list for all the work done ran to four pages, and a similar number of figures for the final bill. Still, it's good to have a bike that is 100% reliable for the up and coming desert sections of Australia. (fingers crossed at least)

The run from Melbourne to Adelaide will be used to 'break in' the new engine components, and hopefully that will be the full extent of any breaking going on. At least the mechanics seemed to have a sense of humour:


Har-de-har-har, observe the stated colour

My eternal gratitude to the friends I met in Cape York, for letting me mess up their home by staying with them for the last few weeks. Without their hospitality I would probably have been sleeping on a park bench and eating squirrels. Cheers!

Stay tuned to hear how the run to Adelaide goes.

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47 pm

    One of my friends has suggested that you should make a calender of pictures similar to the WI ones.... then get people to donate £5 to MSF to buy a copy - even if it is an online feature!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:13 pm

    For the love of humanity noooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:03 pm

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:23 am

    Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:27 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:47 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:19 pm

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:39 am

    i definitely love your posting type, very unique,
    don't give up as well as keep posting as it just truly worth to look through it.
    impatient to read way more of your current posts, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:00 pm

    Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

    ReplyDelete