05 December 2011

East side...

Arrived in Sydney yesterday evening to be greeted by decidedly 'inclement' weather. That's rubbish weather betwixt you and I. Windy, overcast and the sky was all leaky. Still, I'm not one to harp on about the foibles of the weather, I'm British dammit!

After stashing the great piles of kit I'd elected to bring with me, I hooked up with the two chaps from Bike Round Oz and we headed, somewhat predictably, to Sydney's oldest pub. Whether or not it actually has the right to claim that title is a matter of some debate, seemingly between it and the pub round the corner. Either way, it sated my airline induced hunger pangs with an ample portion of pie and mash.

We're off to collect our Germanic steeds this morning, in about 45mins in fact. 3 BMW R1200GS bikes should hopefully be awaiting us at a depot in Sydney. If not, it's a long walk to Melbourne.

They look like this:


I've probably mentioned that before, but I can't quite get used to how shiny it looks. (Also I wanted a picture to liven up this post, and I've not taken any yet) I'd best be keeping it that way too, those nice folks I mentioned before...they're looking after my credit card details, just in case.

More news to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment