02 December 2011

Bike round this...

I've been invited, actually invited to something. Who would've thunk it.

The nice (or possibly mad) folks (of course they're nice, they invited me dammit) from BikeRoundOZ have been keeping an eye on my website, read through the article I had published a few months back and seemed to like what they saw. Either that or they didn't read it closely enough, but either way they got in touch with said invitation:

Would I like to accompany them on their annual company bike (work jolly!) trip and do a bit of writing about it along the way?

The last time I got invited to anything it was to 'step outside', so this sounded like an opportunity not to be ignored to me.

So basically, here we go again:


It's a week long trip starting tomorrow (Sunday 4th of Dec), going from Sydney over in New South Wales to Melbourne in Victoria. (Is that a lot of stuff for a week?) Apparently the route is something a bit like this:


Gosling One isn't back in my grubby little mitts just yet, but it turns out that's not a problem. Bikes are what they do at Bike Round Oz, and the mad buggers are going to let me spend a week on one of these:


They probably didn't read all the bits on the Arse About Face website where I mentioned crashing poor Gosling One into various solid objects, trying to drown her or getting bogged down in sand. Christ it's probably got shiny bits on it and everything, I can't handle shiny bits. Eeep.

Regular (daily with any luck) updates from along the way, it's not quite 10 months and 44,347km but we're back in the saddle, back on the road and that's what matters. Gosling One will forgive me this single indiscretion...I hope.




No comments:

Post a Comment