19 May 2006

This could be...

"This could be the very minute, I'm aware I'm alive. All these places feel like home." - Snow Patrol

They do too, feel like home I mean. All these places I've visited, now that it comes time to leave them for another land I realise I felt very comfortable here. So the ticket for Australia is all booked, Christchurch to Melbourne direct; 7am in the morning on sunday mind you, so it'll be early to bed for me tomorrow!

I've put up a gallery of assorted photos from my travels around New Zealand, you can find it at www.arseaboutface.com/nz. Just a brief selection of images, some without captions as I'd already posted my old journal home and couldn't remember where I took the damn things. Plenty more where those came from, but I'll put all those online once I get home and develop a proper website around all this travelling malarky.

Originally I was planning to start my tour around Australia as soon as I arrived in Melbourne, however now I've been re-thinking my plans; mainly due to an old mate of mine getting married in July. (Cheers Richard!) I thought it was very inconsiderate of him to get hitched whilst I was going to be out in the middle of nowhere Oz, and I certainly don't want to miss the only time he'll be getting married! So I'm thinking about working for a month in Melbourne to get the cash for a ticket back to Ireland for the wedding, then flying back afterwards to continue my travels.

We'll see what the job market is like once I arrive in Melbourne. This had better be one hell of a wedding buddy, it's going to be one hell of a commute! :0)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:08 am

    Love your name and what an adventure! Delighted to hear you will return for a visit to your homeland as well as the special trip to your friend's wedding in Ireland. A warning though: the Irish girls are pretty and very charming so don't book that ticket back to Australia in haste! Good luck when you arrive in Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:33 pm

    Hey Phantom! Howz it going! By lookin @ your pictures it seems you've been having a great time exploring our beautiful country :). We all missing you @ C4, and there's a new Brit guy that has started, but it's just not the same :(. Have fun in Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:05 am

    Hey Sly, fantastic pictures on NZ. I expect no less from OZ. Have a great time mate.

    ReplyDelete